The big one eight!

15:34:00 Neona 6 Comments

It's been way too long since I last put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard) and blogged for you all, but I am back! After a jam packed last few months full of parties, concerts and an 18th birthday! As Christmas quickly rolls in, my life is starting to slow back down and so I decided get all deep on you guys about life now I feel back to earth (honestly I've been on cloud nine for about a month and a half!)

So rewind to the biggest night of my life, my joint 18th birthday party with my best friend pictured below:
This was hands down one of the best nights of my life! Having all of my friends from the age of 4 up until 18 in the same place was the most surreal thing! I was beyond happy to be spending one of the most monumental moments of my life thus far with all of them. As stressful as it was to plan such a huge party, it was so worth it in the long run! The aftermath was a mixture of sadness because it was all over but also extreme giddiness, I couldn't believe how lucky I was to be surrounded by such amazing people that cared so much about me! I realised that so much has happened so far in my life, and it would be silly not to use this milestone to reflect on it! 

This inspired me to write this week's post, 18 things I've learnt over 18 years...

1. The best of friends come from where you least expect them to!

2. If you've got a good set of friends hold onto them tight, don't let them go!

3. Try and find the little positives in everything, a positive mind attracts positive vibes! 

4. Say what's on your mind, nothing's sorted by keeping things bottled in.

5. Work hard for what you want! But it's all about balance, always.

6. It costs absolutely nothing to make someone's day- do it as much as you can!

7. Your family is important, cherish them with all you have.

8. Sometimes it's just great to spend time alone, put your music on loud and enjoy your own company! 

9. Being your absolute self is the best decision you'll ever make, and you'll be happier for it!

10. It's okay to say no sometimes!

11. Sometimes you'll want to stay in bed all day and mope and that's okay!

12. Step out of your comfort zone every now and then, you won't regret it! 

13. Your parents are really looking out for you, as annoying as it really can be sometimes, just remember they care!

14. Your self worth is not to be governed by someone else! Never let anyone make you feel anything less than extraordinary. 

15. Not everything is meant to be and that's okay, something's waiting just for you!

16. Take pictures but also live in the moment, memories don't always have to be captured.

17. Always and I mean always be open minded, considering things from another's point of view makes you so rounded!

18. Your health and your happiness always come before anything and everything- there's only one you, treat yourself well!

I'm so beyond thankful for my life so far, bring on the next chapter!! 



You Might Also Like

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an amazing time! Enjoy being 18 xx
    http://blossomofhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Those photos are amazing! I'm so proud of you and am so glad that you're back! The blogging community has missed you! It seems like you really had some amazing 18 years and I'm sure the next years will bring nothing than amazing, happy and incredible moments!

    Loved the 18 facts you've learned over the years, I'm such a believer in treating yourself well, being yourself because there's no second one of you in this world and keeping your friends close! xoxo

    All the love,
    Mary 💘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! It's great to be back!!! I have had the most amazing 18th :) excited to see what the future holds! Xxx

      Delete
  3. Love your post !! I just turned 18 not to long ago, it is truly a time to celebrate and have fun.

    themarshallwardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you!! And happy belated birthday!! xxx

    ReplyDelete