Advice,

Summer essentials

13:59:00 Neona 4 Comments

Hello everyone! My summer holidays have officially begun, as I'm writing this I'm actually on a plane feeling slightly guilty about not giving you guys a post last week (I'm sorry, last minute packing is so hectic in my house!!) but I'm hoping that being abroad will give me lots of inspiration for blogging. Unfortunately in not sure how predictable my wifi will be so my ability to provide you all with posts depends on how the router is feeling (I promise I'll treat it nicely).

As a person who has gone on many holidays I've learnt to be tactical with my packing- at least as tactical as I can be, taking 15 different outfits for a 3 day holiday is tactical right?- trying my best to take as little as I can but also making sure I take exactly what I need because you are going to be away from home and you do want to make sure you're as comfortable as possible! I thought I'd do a summer holiday essentials just to share some of the things I can't live without!

1) Electricals
This is pretty much a given, whether it be your phone, laptop or tablet all of us want to make sure we have a means to connect with the rest of the world whilst tucked away on an island, sharing snaps and typical holiday statuses like the tourists we are. Also don't forget chargers and always check whether the country you're going to have the same plugs as you may need an adapter.

2) Clothes
Now this is the point where things get difficult. Not only do you have 101 things you want to wear abroad that you don't get to at home (shout out to British weather) but around summer time the sales are at an all time high and all you want to do is buy every item of clothing that you make eye contact with. So now you find yourself in a situation where you have to play favourites with your clothes, the best thing to do is first sort your clothes into actual outfits so you know you won't be looking for those shorts that go with that top. Next is get rid of outfits that are just that bit too similar, you want your photos to double as a look book therefore they should be as different as possible!

3) Toiletries/Health
Make sure you have enough of everything!! Maybe even spares because the worst thing is running out and having to go out and look for more. Make sure you also have sun cream and take any medication you could need so you have it on hand!

4) Entertainment
Take a good book along with you when travelling, just to have something to do if you have a rogue day stuck at 'home'. A good playlist is also essential, make sure you've chosen the music you want to have with you for the duration of your trip well!

5) Comfortable shoes
This is probably one of the most important essentials, something that can really ruin a holiday is having shoes that aren't comfortable, the likelihood is you'll be exploring a lot and the last thing you need is to be coping with blisters. Trainers are always a great option!! 





You Might Also Like

4 comments:

  1. Completely agree with you on shoes! My favourites to take away are my converses xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute post! I am a gadget obsessive - I love to sit outside with a smoothie and write a post on my laptop; I love your blog Neona!

    Frances x

    www.royallyrouge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smoothies are honestly a go to when it comes to relaxing!! Thank you so much! Xx

      Delete