Food

Brownies with a subtle twist

18:47:00 Neona 3 Comments

Once again I've decided to treat myself with a spot of baking, something I do on a regular basis but every now and again I go for something really indulgent and so wrong but oh so good. This time around I was craving a chewy brownie, soft in the middle but crispy around the edges. Something I also love is loaf cakes, the shape just makes what would be an ordinary bake so much better and honestly I can't begin to tell you why. So I thought to myself, why not combine the two and have a brownie loaf? All the goodness of a brownie but in a cuboid- what more could a girl ask for?

I found an amazing recipe for 'Ooey Gooey Fudge Brownies' by Erin on a website called Brownie Bites which will now be my go to recipe for brownies as they were so good! I followed the recipe word for word apart from using a loaf tin instead of a square baking tin. Of course this meant the baking time was a bit askew, so bake them for the time stated, stick a knife in to see if they're not runny in the middle (there will be batter on your knife when you pull it out but as long as it's not as liquid as when you put the batter in the that's supposed to happen!) and if they have a perfect crust on top and a gooey centre then you're all set to take it out of the oven. The next part requires so much self control- I mean like 5 year old on Christmas morning self control. You must wait until the tin is cool before taking the brownie out due to the fact it is so gooey half of it will literally remain in the tin if you don't do exactly what I've said (and if you're wondering yes I speak from experience). 

After an agonising wait all that's left to do is slice and eat up! There's nothing like the contempt of biting into something that's chewy, gooey and crunchy all at the same time! 

Enjoy enjoy enjoy and let me know what you think if you do give them a go!! 






You Might Also Like

3 comments:

  1. Although I'm vegan, I have to say that the idea of combining two different baking dishes, you definitely made me want to create a vegan version of this, looks so yummy! 😊💞

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I'm vegan, I have to say that the idea of combining two different baking dishes, you definitely made me want to create a vegan version of this, looks so yummy! 😊💞

    ReplyDelete