Travel

The Pearl of Africa

16:03:00 Neona 6 Comments

Hello everyone!!! It's lovely to finally be back, and blogging again!! I decided to hold back on posting whilst I was away so I could do a summary post afterward, so I could really reflect on how amazing my trip was. Four weeks away was bliss and it was lovely to spend ample time with my family, but now I'm back I can get back to blogging!!

What I love about being in Africa is the change of culture, there are so many things to do of which are both different and similar to home, but being in another country just makes everything so much more intriguing! From weddings to jazz shows, sushi to mocktails I had fun from start to finish, making the best of memories with my larger than life family. 

One thing I just adore about going on holiday is the change of scenery, sunshine almost all day every day made for amazing photos, really beautiful places that just made me appreciate Uganda so much more, it truly is an extraordinary country!! I tried to take as many pictures as I could, capturing all the moments that I knew I'd want to keep with me forever (believe me, there were very many of those).

I went on holiday with the plan that each week I'd want to do at least one thing that was really fun and interesting and I'm glad to say that we really did!! 

Here are some of the highlights from each week:

WEEK ONE: my first week was concluded with my uncle's amazing wedding, it was nice to get dressed up and go on a long road trip to the venue where we had delicious food and beautiful scenery.





WEEK TWO: this was a big family outing, one of my favourite things to do when I'm with them! We all pile into cars and mess about, sing songs and make up stories as we travel to our desination which this time round, was the wildlife centre. I love animals and it was nice to see them in enclosures that were big and spacious, and as close as possible to their natural habitats. After a nature lesson it was off to a cafe for a big lunch.





WEEK THREE: this was a week of great food and amazing music, we were able to visit an authentic Japanese restaurant where I had some deliciously indulgent sushi. And of course being the big children that we are we got a little creative with our plates and cutlery (we apologise to the restaurant). The Jazz show was also great, lots of classics songs were given some interesting renditions and the atmosphere was electric! By the end of the night we'd all had a a little shimmy.




WEEK FOUR: This was the saddest week as it was full of goodbyes however we did try to make the most out of it by spending time together! I also made sure that I had one of my favourite treats for the last time, frozen yoghurt. I honestly can't get enough of the stuff over there! As the week drew to a close it was time to think about the journey home, four weeks spent in bliss were truly over! 


Until next time, Uganda!! 


















You Might Also Like

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos, it looks amazing! xx
    blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're photos are stunning and it looks like such a beautiful place visit!!
    Hollie xx
    holliethorpe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love being there so much it is so pretty xx

      Delete
  3. So happy that the blogger world has got you back! Stunning photography and your writing skills on point, as always! Uganda looks absolutely beautiful! You made me add this to my "Where to travel" list! So glad to hear that you had such an amazing time! xoxo

    thegoodwaywithmary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're too kind! I'm glad to be back into blogging and finally catching up with everyone's amazing posts!! I hope you do get to travel to Uganda one day, I'm so happy it's on your travel list!! xxx

      Delete