Travel

Ten Days in Turkey: 3

07:33:00 Neona 0 Comments

Today has been such a good day I really want to do it over! We did the day safari tour which started at about half nine and went on until roughly 3pm. We were picked up from the hotel by a very friendly tour guide called Sabri, who played loud music and was extremely cheerful. At first we were taken to the tour company's headquarters to get organised and then we went on our way to the first stop- the castle.

1: The Castle
This place had one of the most beautiful views I've ever seen. It was right above the docks so we could see the boat tours  below and it was like a scene from a pirate movie! By this point I was already itching to see more of the beauty Turkey had to offer.


2: The Camel
A short drive a way was a little cliff on which a man, with his daughter ran a little camel business. For a minimal price I was able to sit on the camel who, through it all was very calm (I guess he/she's used to it bless him/her) and welcoming as person after person sat upon it's hump.


3: The Water Fight
We were at this point each given a water gun and some water and were told that each Safari car was like a team, we could shoot each other to our heart's content. All of a sudden, the once friendly tourists in each car teamed up together and before we knew it they gathered water, aimed and shot. In an instant we were soaked, laughing, screaming and firing back. Adults turned to children and children turned into bigger children! At any stop off we were stealing eachothers water bottles and trying to make sure we had enough 'ammo' to fight for as long as possible. Quite cleverly the company had managed to both cool us down and turn us into the biggest kids in town, which made a great bonding exercise for us onboard the car.
*no picture here obviously becuase I didn't want to jeapordise my phone*

4: The Mountain
This was the more nervy part of the trip, as we ascended higher and higher all we could see as we looked either side of us was a steep cliff. This was pretty nonetheless so it was still enjoyable and it was amazing to see the towns below, tiny like a children's playset.



5: The Little Village, Parts 1 and 2
We were next taken to a little village which was still inhabited by people who stayed away from the modern world and still lived a very rustic lifestyle. We were offered some flatbreads which we topped with chocolate and happily ate before making our way to the second part of the village tour. Here we met a little old couple who lived in a small house with low ceilings and lots of patterned rugs on the floor. They welcomed us into their home and offered us homemade natural green tea, and as a lover of green tea I can say that this is some of the best green tea I've tasted. Quite often green tea can be bitter however here it tasted very herbal and refreshing, which I really enjoyed!




6: Food, Waterfalls and Cold, Cold Water
Our last stop was where we also got to have lunch, which typically I've found with Turkish food is meat, bread and plenty of salad. Where we ate lunch was surrounded by fresh water, which was straight from a waterfall. We were invited to swim however the water was beyond freezing so I could only muster a little paddle up to my mid calf (before I literally felt numbness in my legs). After lunch we walked further in so we could see the bigger waterfall which to none of my surprise was just as appealing as all the other places we'd visited so far. As I took in my surroundings I was engulfed in a feeling of serenity, I realised how beautiful the natural world is and how much of it I'm yet to see!



At last it was time to return home, we said fairwell to the new friends we'd made and exchanged contacts in case we were to meet up again in the future- which I really hope we do because they were so nice!!

The return trip back to the hotel was a lot quicker than expected and once we arrived we had a quick shower to freshen up and then it was relaxing time where I caught up with friends online once again and went on a little walk where I met a pleasant little cat who followed us around for a bit.

Tomorrow's to be a 'chill day' at the beach which beats a chill day back home (Netflix and Twitter) by a thousand miles!





You Might Also Like

0 comments: