Travel

Ten Days in Turkey: 8

13:47:00 Neona 0 Comments

I keep forgetting to post and I feel lousy but I'll use the lack of good signal as my excuse..?

We got to visit the shopping mall today and it was a good trip!! First of all the air con was so good I actually forgot I was in such a hot country and second it was nice to do a spot of shopping in a commercial shop which felt a little bit more familiar. I also managed to buy all the souvenirs and treats I wanted to take back home to my friends (plenty of Turkish delight of course). A few shops I recognised from my trip to Denmark (Only and Vero Moda) and the rest were some Turkish brands I'd seen a few branches of during my last few days here. The whole family bought a few unique clothes each and we left feeling very satisfied. We returned back to the hotel for a few hours to both take back the stuff we'd bought and also to relax for a while before we returned for another round of the rest of the shopping centre. I even got to try some genuine Turkish Baklava, which was delicious! 

Today we had to have an early night because tomorrow is a boat trip along the coast, we get to go on board huge pirate ships and have a little history lesson about the area and also real pirates of long ago. This'll be the last trip of the holiday (sigh) but I'll make the most of it!



You Might Also Like

0 comments: