Travel

Ten Days in Turkey: 9

13:48:00 Neona 0 Comments

We spent the majority of today on board a large pirate ship, where I learnt the ropes of a pirate's life (not really). Instead we sailed along the beautiful coast, making a few stops along the way for swimming in the warm Mediterranean and visiting the caves. We were allowed to jump into the water from the top deck of the boat which was really cool however because of my mishap with my glasses, my contact lenses dictated I do no such thing. Instead I very carefully slid myself into the water from the ladder and proceeded to tread water and avoided anyone who was splashing around.

The first stop was at the bottom of the castle where from the sea you can see the full extent of it and how much work must've gone into building it. We had a 15 minute swim break and then it was time to move on.


The next stop was a bit of a nature spotting task. We had to strain our eyes to find mountain goats which was well worth it because it was quite funny to see them living life up on a mountain like it was no different to being in flat ground.

We then sailed along some picturesque scenery, where I spent my time looking out to sea in awe, taking pictures and actually managing to make a friend. It was then time for a delicious lunch before the crew on board the ship called us up to do the Macarena (who could decline?). We turned around, beginning our journey back to the docks and it was at this point the crew did a little show. It was amazing to see people diving down from cliff faces toward the crystal clear water, not unlike fish!

After we docked, it was back to an intensely packed and hot coach that dropped us back to the hotel where we all relaxed before packing a little bit.

Tomorrow is our last day and I'm definitely very sad to leave, it's so serene and just immensely picturesque I'd honestly love to stay!






You Might Also Like

0 comments: