Travel

Ten Days in Turkey: 1

09:38:00 Neona 0 Comments

I can barely call this day 1 becuase I've spent the whole day travelling but I promised I'd update you and an update you shall get! No matter how small and uneventful it may be.

So I set my alarm last night for 4:20am in order to have an unrushed morning today, however we all know that after being off school for about 8 weeks sleeping at half midnight and waking up anytime before 9 would be asking for a little (a lot actually) too much. I groggily woke up at 4:20 as my phone chimed, switched off my alarm and went back to sleep until my mum woke me up at 5:15.. Whoops? 

*skips the getting ready bit and journey becuase there's noting special about my morning routine or the route to the airport*

...Upon arrival we did all that airport-y security stuff and then once in duty free I headed straight to Zara in which I bought a desperately needed White halterneck and a pretty patterned button down skirt. There was a little wait and then we boarded the plane. We ended up playing musical chairs as my siblings couldn't decide exactly where they wanted to sit- typical. The plane journey was 4 hours and I'm the time I napped and watched one of my favourite movies Avengers: Age of Ultron again becuase who can get fed up of the Avengers? (The answer being no one).

After plane journey number one to Istanbul, we changed to plane number two which was only 45 minutes so it wasn't interesting. 

*sorry I got in really late last night so I'm posting this on day two even though it's day one*

FINALLY we reached the area we were staying in and it was hOT- like very hot. Bags were picked and we entered our little shuttle bus to the hotel, a journey I thought would only be about an hour? I was terribly terribly terribly (and add about 3 more terribly's) wrong. It was around three solid hours travelling becuase Turkey is an apparently huge country I've now learnt! But it was interesting, the buildings were beautiful and very large which made the tiresome journey a little less tiresome. After three long hours, we arrived at the hotel and by then I was so tired I crashed out after a cold shower and a little bit of reading :)

So although day 1 wasn't really in Turkey, it was still quite interesting!! Stay tuned for day 2 later today which will be a lot more interesting...




VSCO: withinthecity.vsco.co






You Might Also Like

0 comments: